Saturday, June 27, 2009

10 Most popular

I'd asked this on my tweet as well - The question being "Who do you think is the most popular human being in the world?"

When I say most popular, the scale is what I'm talking about -- be it region-wise (village / city / town, asia / europe / US, north/west/south/east) or age-wise (kids / teenagers / adults / older ppl) or relationship wise (friends / relatives / colleagues) -- ever in history - dead or alive.

A difficult question to answer -- better would be to have a set of people rather than singling out one.

I tried googling it as well, but perhaps wasn't quite able to frame the right search query.

My take on the short-listed:
1) Michael Jackson -- yeah the recent news storm actuated the thought, besides him being my first guess.
2) Mahatma Gandhi
3) Alexander The Great
4) Muhammad Ali
5) Adolf Hitler
6) Elvis Presley
7) Mother Teresa
8) Arnold Schwarzenegger
9) Jesus Christ
10) Osama Bin Laden

Now the popularity could be not about know about the person -- just having heard the name would suffice as a popularity parameter.

What's your opinion?

There are many that I didn't include in the list, simply because there's no end to it and 10 seemed like a decent figure.

Update: here is another post that talks about the same thing.

3 comments:

Shweta Bahl said...

WHat if i say MEEEE..........Boo boo

brijesh tripathi said...

I'd say, yeah!

D "JAMES" said...

Good going buddy
Ur post are really wonderful, they are intresting.

Happy blogging